Thomson Reuters:"Re: Cannot perform online search after Pubmed's facelift (server name could not be resolved)" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription

Search email archive for

Thomson Reuters:"Re: Cannot perform online search after Pubmed's facelift (server name could not be resolved)" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted:
Subject: Re: Cannot perform online search after Pubmed's facelift (server name could not be resolved)
Author: eldred (New User)
Date: 06-25-2013 02:37 PM

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  In some cases it just hangs immediately and times out and then takes a long time to disconnect. Other times it comes up with the number of refs and then disconnects.

Thomson Reuters:"Re: Cannot perform online search (RM12) after Pubmed's facelift (server name could not be resolved)" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted:
Author: TMartin (Moderator)
Date: 06-26-2013 12:30 PM

I would try changing the server address.   In Reference Manager please try the  following go to Tools  > Internet Search  > click on Hosts next to PubMed  > click on configure hosts  > click on properties  > change server address to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov not http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov   I would then try your search of PubMed again.     Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue.

Author: Community Mailer    Posted:
Author: TMartin (Moderator)
Date: 06-26-2013 12:31 PM

Author: Community Mailer    Posted:
Author: TMartin (Moderator)
Date: 06-26-2013 12:31 PM

Author: Community Mailer    Posted:
Author: mcvanaalderen (New User)
Date: 07-03-2013 06:31 AM

We're having the same problems: simply changing the server adress to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov does not help. Could you supply us with another solution please? Perhaps we need to alter the   Search: entrez/eutils/esearch.fcgi?db=pubmed Retrieve: entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=pubmed&id=%s&retmode=text&rettype=medline Link URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=%s   adresses as well?