Thomson Reuters:"Re: How to remove unused Ref IDs" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription

Search email archive for

Thomson Reuters:"Re: How to remove unused Ref IDs" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:31:57 -0700
Subject: Re: How to remove unused Ref IDs
Author: Jason (Moderator)
Date: 04-11-2013 02:31 PM

Hello Anthony,   You can do this by exporting your database in the RIS format and importing into a new database using the RIS.cap Import Filter.   Open your database Click the File menu > Export Choose the RIS format and All references in list. Click the ellipses button under file name to select a name and location for the export file. Click OK Click Export   This will create a text file in the RIS format. Now you can do the following:   Close your database. Create a new database using the File > New Database command. Click the File menu > Import Text File. For "Filter" click the ellipses and select RIS.cap Note: Be sure not to select RISID.cap or your Ref IDs will be retained. For "Text File" click the ellipses and pick the text file you exported using the steps above. Click Import.

Thomson Reuters:"Re: How to remove unused Ref IDs" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:50:22 -0700
Author: canthonylewis (Visitor)
Date: 04-19-2013 10:50 AM

Hi Jason,   I could do this but as I mentioned in my original post "... I guess I could do this by exporting in RIS format and then importing the data again but I do not want to do this as all character formatting is lost. ...".   So, I'll assume that the RIS method is the only way and live with what I have as I want to retain character formatting.   Anthony

Thomson Reuters:"Re: How to remove unused Ref IDs" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:46:32 -0700
Author: Jason (Moderator)
Date: 04-19-2013 12:46 PM

Hello Anthony,   Another option would be creating a new library and copying the references to that library. After creating the new library, you can highlight the references in the original library and use the References menu > Copy References To command and then select the new library from the list. Both libraries should be open at the same time to facilitate this process.