Unicode in Procite & EndNote

Search email archive for

Unicode in Procite & EndNote
Author: Nguyen2    Posted: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:30:17 -0400
Dear List:

I have been wanting to use Unicode fonts in ProCite for non-English
languages (especially sorting names in, say, Southeast Asia references)
to the point of attempting to write my own Access database. Alas, I've
given up hope that Procite is supported. I saw a commercial flyer of
EndNote with Unicode support and was thinking of give it a try. If some
one on the list happened to have a chance to try this Unicode support, I
would love to hear the experience.

Re: Unicode in Procite & EndNote
Author: Copeland, Laurel A    Posted: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:13:20 -0700
I have not evaluated *any* of the sites below in terms of your question, but
here goes. One site's owner was at your institution, I believe (#4).

(1) I found a potentially relevant message in my stash of ProCite listserv
email. The original message had no subject; that is why I supplied one in
square brackets. So, it is really about Macs, but the writer mentions
Unicode.
From: mark tyler day /> Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 1:48 PM
To: /> Subject: Issues and alternatives Re: Help Deciding
Dear Fellow Procite users,
...For a comprehensive current list of programs with links, see: Don Cribbs'
Personal Bibliography Software:
<http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/~dhmorton/cribpbs.html>
****END INCLUDED MESSAGE****

Good luck!