Re: APA Style

Search email archive for

Re: APA Style
Author: Kvbinns    Posted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:06:44 -0500
Hi

How do I update APA style in Pro Cite? My prof really nailed me on my
citations, he said they where NOT correct and I used APA style in the pro
cite program. What am I doing wrong?

Karl V. Binns

Program Director

Hospitality Management Program

University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Shady Grove Campus

9630 Gudelsky Drive

Rockville Maryland 20850

301-738-6313

/>
Author: Method, Colleen M    Posted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:33:20 -0500
Hi

Check to see if its APA 4 versus version 5. The Procite.com website
support area has an updated file.

On your computer find the styles folder and change the old file name to
something similar (APA4 or ?) and then put the new file in the styles
folder. You may find the citations looking a little bit different as a
few changes were made to the APA style.

Hope this helps.

Colleen

_____

I have one question that I hope you can help me resolve. When I import
references from a library via Internet Search, some fields may have
extra or unnecessary punctuation marks or spaces. Is it possible to
format or configure ProCite so that doesn't happen?

I'd appreciate your help with this.

Best wishes, Lutfi

Lutfi M Hussein
http://www.public.asu.edu/~lhussein/
<http://www.public.asu.edu/%7Elhussein/>

Area Chair, Arab Culture in the U.S.
SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference, 8-11 February 2006
http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/ <http://www.h-net.org/%7Eswpca/>

Re: APA Style
Author: Philip Stanley    Posted: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:44:48 -0000
You haven't given an example of your bibliography so its hard to tell what's
wrong. I think some of the styles provided with ProCite may be out of date
and thus need modifying to bring them in line with current style
requirement.

Open the APA style via: Files>Open> and navigate to the Styles folder and
then open APA and modify it as required.

There is an up to date comprehensive description of APA at:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_apa.html

Dr Philip E Stanley
Cambridge Research & Technology Transfer Ltd
48 Glisson Road
Cambridge CB1 2HF
England
Email: />