Direct export from ISI Web of Science to ProCite 5 not working

Search email archive for

Direct export from ISI Web of Science to ProCite 5 not working
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:57:54 -0700
Subject: Direct export from ISI Web of Science to ProCite 5 not working
Author: VT (New User)
Date: 06-08-2008 02:57 AM

Direct export from ISI Web of Science to my Procite database is not working. I have re-installed the Procite software and the RIS export helper, but to no avail. Direct export from other databases such as OVID, is working. I have found a workaround, by saving as a text file and importing using the ISI-CE config file, but I would prefer to use direct export. Any suggestions please.   Thank you VT

Re: Direct export from ISI Web of Science to ProCite 5 not working
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:53:38 -0700
Author: myrobalan (New User)
Date: 06-12-2008 03:53 AM

Dear VT,   I have no problems downloading from ISI Web of Science to ProCite. I always collect the interesting records in a marked list and import this list.   Good luck!   Ulrike

Procite is freaking out!
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:17:23 -0700
Subject: Procite is freaking out!
Author: Koreana99 (New User)
Date: 06-27-2008 12:17 AM

Hi, my Procite 5.0 is doing something really odd and I can't figure out why.  It has been working well for the past few years but all of a sudden, everytime i generate a bibliography, it inserts random citations into my bibliography that are not remotely related to my in-text citations.  I have a PC and have made the necessary updates for Windows XP.  Someone help!  :mansad:

ProCite to EndNote conversion
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:53:35 -0700
Subject: ProCite to EndNote conversion
Author: mharring (New User)
Date: 07-04-2008 05:53 PM

Hello, I have a Windows version of ProCite 3.4 and would like to convert my old data files to EndNote on my Mac OSX. Apparently I need to apply the RIS-EndNote.pos style to a print biblio in TXT format, but my 3.4 version doesn't recognize it. How do I get my 3.4 biblios into a tab format that EndNote X1 will recognize? Thanks Mharring

Re: ProCite alive
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:10:24 -0700
Subject: Re: ProCite alive
Author: Chilandra (Guest Moderator)
Date: 09-04-2008 12:10 PM

I think a new version of the program would be an awesome thing.  If anything else to refresh everyones software a little.  Both PC and Mac versions. If the name ProCite is an issue - you know another name with an additional feature in the software wouldn't hurt.  Like the webpublishing feature in Reference Manager.   Problem is the other programs were already in development when Procite was purchased.  And with the hope of combining features into the other programs the company failed to recognize one thing.  The program has features the others can't compete with on certain levels as it NOT a "Personal Bibliographic Citation Manager" like the other two.   Any thoughts on this?

Re: ProCite to EndNote conversion
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:17:29 -0700
Subject: Re: ProCite to EndNote conversion
Author: Chilandra (Guest Moderator)
Date: 09-04-2008 12:17 PM

If the software can do tab or comma delimited then it should work.  csv format also can work.

Re: ProCite to EndNote conversion
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:17:17 -0700
Author: PTravis (Moderator)
Date: 09-08-2008 01:17 PM

Hello,   First you would want to backup your database.  Then you can download the ProCite 5 demo and convert the database.  With the ProCite 5 demo you can use the output style to save the references in the RIS format so they can be imported into EndNote on the Mac.