Multiple works by the same author(s)

Search email archive for

Multiple works by the same author(s)
Author: Greenwood, Marin    Posted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:45:22 -0500
Hello

My question to the list is whether it is possible to somehow configure
'Multiple works by the same author' to 'Replace Repeated Authors' with
________ for each repeated author. At the moment, I only get the _______
in place if the repeated authors are exactly the same, but would also
like to replace the repeated first author even if the other authors
differ in subsequent references. So to illustrate:

1.At the moment ProCite gives.

Bloggs, J., and J. Doe. 2005.
_________. 2006. (Second reference is again by Bloggs and Doe, only the
year is different)

I'd prefer:

Bloggs, J. and J. Doe. 2005.
________ and _______. 2006.

2. And I'd like the following to happen when the first author is the
same:

Bloggs, J. 2005.
________ and J. Doe. 2006.

(At the moment, ProCite would give:

Bloggs, J. 2005.
Bloggs, J. and J. Doe. 2006.)

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

Marin

Re: Multiple works by the same author(s)
Author: Petrovic, Lepa    Posted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:34:29 +1100
Dear Marin

You can try the following steps if you haven't already

You need to go to your output Styles

Select Reference Type

Go to Configure Fields

Select the appropriate Author/s field

In Subsequent works by the same author

Choose replace repeated authors with .........

You will need to play around with these steps in order to get your point 1.

I'd prefer:

Bloggs, J. and J. Doe. 2005.

But the steps above should give you point 2.

2. And I'd like the following to happen when the first author is the same:

Bloggs, J. 2005.
________ and J. Doe. 2006.

Goodluck with it!

Lepa :-)

_____

[...]

IMPORTANT - This message has been issued by The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF). The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening or sending them on.
Any reproduction, publication, communication, re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of the information contained in this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. The taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments. If you have received this e-mail as part of a valid mailing list and no longer want to receive a message such as this one advise the sender by return e-mail accordingly. Only e-mail correspondence which includes this footer, has been authorised by DAFF