BioMedCentral output style

Search email archive for

BioMedCentral output style
Author: Heinze    Posted: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:58:49 +0100
Hello

does anybody have a Procite output style for the BMC (BioMedCentral)
series of biology jouirnals? See:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/home/

for a list. I have found a "BMC Bioinformatics" output style on
Procite's website; is this one suitable for all BMC journals? It looks
like, but I only tested with a single journal article ...

regards,
Berthold

--Berthold Heinze

Genetics - Federal Research Centre for Forestry

Hauptstrasse 7, A-1140 Vienna, Austria

/> (alternatively, when absent from office)

Tel. +43 1 87838-2219, Fax -2250 mobile +43 660 340 1460
<http://bfw.ac.at/200/220.html> http://bfw.ac.at/200/220.html

Re: BioMedCentral output style
Author: Copeland, Laurel    Posted: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:33:10 -0600
I thought that was one of the goals of BMC - to have 1 format for all
journals - but I can't actually find a statement to that effect. When you
submit to one, you have to name 2 or 3 others in the BMC stable that might
be suitable alternative homes for your ms; this suggests a single format is
used. Within each journal, there may be several types of articles (e.g.,
research, case report) and each has a particular format. I tried BMC Health
Services and BMC Psychiatry and BMC Public Health research articles, and
each seemed to offer the same template, BMC154d.doc. Was that your
experience?

Laurel A Copeland

So Texas Veterans HCS - VERDICT Research Program

San Antonio, Texas

_____

Author: Heinze    Posted: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:04:12 +0100
Hello,

"Plant Methods" offers "BMC153d.dot as a template, so there might be
slight differences, or maybe it's just counting versions, and not all of
the BMC webpages have updated to the latest one.

regrds,