Multiple Reference Lists (by Document Section)

Search email archive for

Multiple Reference Lists (by Document Section)
Author: Fred C Kerr    Posted: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:54:35 +0300
Happy New Year, everyone!

I have a document that must be divided into sections, each with its own Bibliography. There is no need for a consolidated bibliography. I need to have the citations that are in each section populate their section's bibliography. Using Procite v5.0.3.

Would appreciate any and all suggestions - other than cut and paste.

Many thanks.

Fred

Re: Multiple Reference Lists (by Document Section)

Author: Matt Nemeth    Posted: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:26:03 -0900
Yes, that is also how I do it for documents with a multi-chapter
report. If there is a better way, I would love to hear about it.

-Matt

Author: Jeanne C Moody    Posted: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 01:27:18 -0500
I had a similar problem years ago. I had to have a consolidated database, however, as bibliographic reference formats varied according the chapter's author and sometimes were incomplete. A consolidated file was the only way to make sure that each reference had all needed data and would be printed in the same format.

As I recall, I "created" new book, journal, and proceedings workforms for the project by renaming an unused field (probably CODEN) to something like "Section" and then entering the applicable chapter numbers into each record. When it came time to print the various chapter bibliographies, I searched the field for the appropriate number, marked the list, and then on the "Show" scroll down menu clicked on "Marked Records" when creating each bibliography. You can also save each searched section as a "group."

Jeanne Moody
Beaver Wood Associates

Author: Fred C Kerr    Posted: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:09:01 +0300
Jeanne,

Fabulous! This is an extremely interesting and innovative approach. Much appreciate your sharing it with me.

Cheers,