harvard style

Search email archive for

harvard style
Author: Geoff Carver    Posted: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 21:32:00 GMT
for some reason when i tried to export a document in "harvard" style today, most of the in-text references came up as "anonymous" and were not listed in the bibliography
ran it over again using my usual "american antiquity" style & no problems
anyone had any trouble with "harvard" before or anything like this?

Re: harvard style
Author: Copeland, Laurel    Posted: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:24:48 -0600
I think we used to run into something that may be similar with JAMA (I
think) references. One problem was that whatever output style we were using
did not have workforms for "journal article" and "journal article long" and
"journal article short". I forget which one was useable but we just
switched the workform to it. Another problem was that JAMA didn't permit a
lot of things as bib entries, so these didn't have workforms for the POS we
were using - perhaps you couldn't cite a website as it had to be in-text, or
some such thing. You could try those 2 ideas. I am not quite clear on what
you mean by export so these suggestions may not be sensible. Good luck.
Laurel Copeland (VHA San Antonio TX)

_____

Author: David Harvey    Posted: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:42:59 +1100
My Harvard has for in-text citations only a Default of <01 Author,
Analytic><20 Date of Publication>, so any workform that does not have
an entry in field #1 will come up as Anonymous. I don't know whether
there is a later version of Harvard but if not you will have to edit
in something that suits you. I suggest that you could start with the
Bibliography settings. Just copy them and paste into the in-text
settings and see what happens.

At 12:24 PM -0600 3/12/05, Copeland, Laurel wrote:
>I think we used to run into something that may be similar with JAMA
>(I think) references. One problem was that whatever output style we
>were using did not have workforms for "journal article" and "journal
>article long" and "journal article short". I forget which one was
>useable but we just switched the workform to it. Another problem
>was that JAMA didn't permit a lot of things as bib entries, so these
>didn't have workforms for the POS we were using - perhaps you
>couldn't cite a website as it had to be in-text, or some such thing.
>You could try those 2 ideas. I am not quite clear on what you mean
>by export so these suggestions may not be sensible. Good luck.
>Laurel Copeland (VHA San Antonio TX)

On Behalf Of geoff carver

--
David Harvey