[MUG] Physical Properties Of Liquid Metals

Search email archive for

[MUG] Physical Properties Of Liquid Metals
Author: Sherrell Greene    Posted: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:49:24 -0500

>> From: Sherrell Greene />
Is anyone aware of Maple routines (curve fits, table looks,
correlations, etc.) for the physical properties of liquid metals such
as Li, K, and NaK?

Sherrell Greene
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

[MUG] Re: Physical Properties Of Liquid Metals
Author: Robert Israel    Posted: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:20:38 -0800

>> From: Robert Israel />
See the Scientific Constants package in Maple 8, in particular the help
page ?ScientificConstants,properties. Well, it does have the melting point
and boiling point of elements, e.g.

> GetValue(Element(Li,meltingpoint));

453.65

and there seems to be provision for adding more properties if you supply
the data.

Robert Israel /> Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2