[mathcad] -- still on ?

Search email archive for

[mathcad] -- still on ?
Author: Aldo P Solari    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:57:39 +0100
I havent received any MathCAD traffic in a while.

Has every one gone over to FORTRAN or MAPLE ? :P

That's high treason :P

Cheers,

W/best wishes/greetings,

Aldo P. Solari (fisheries researcher, Ph.D.)
2D-3D Stock dynamics and systems modelling.

Email: <aldo.solari at fisheries.es>

http://independent.academia.edu/AldoSolari

----
All general confidentiality disclaimers apply
----
end of file

---
The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News
Contributions: /> Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com
---
Would you like this to come to a different email address?
---
Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
sending a blank email from the new address to:
or
---
You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: /> To unsubscribe send a blank email to

Re: [mathcad] -- still on ?
Author: Laurent Muller    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:21:27 -0400

Aldo,

Quite a while back, I had a query answered on this here list by a PTC rep. She advised to check the MathCad PTC site for help and answers, which I did and got a lot of help from.

It seems that there are a few names on the PTC board that I recognized from this list.

Have you been browsing that way at all?

>From what I can see there, MathCad seems to be well and alive. And of course, there is the big "Prime: debate.

I am working on a degree and found that at my college, Excel is now unfortunately the de facto tool for everything requiring a few calculations, regardless of it being the best tool for the task or not. Frustrating.

FORTRAN: many don't even know it is still around
MAPLE: students have access to free MATHEMATICA licenses at my college.

Regards

Laurent

Author: Dumke, Bill    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:19:39 +0000
Hi Aldo,

I am still here. It doesn't look like there is much activity on the PTC Mathcad Community either. Maybe Prime scared everybody off.

Bill

Bill Dumke
RF Engineer
Nsight dba Cellcom
450 Security Blvd, Green Bay, WI 54313
Ph: 920-617-7311
Email: />
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named. The contents may be confidential and/or privileged If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the email. Thank you.

COMMITTED TO ECO-FRIENDLY PRACTICES : Please print only when necessary.

Author: Frank Doyle    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:35:04 -0500
Greetings Aldo,
I have not bailed. However I am sticking with MCAD 13.1.

I am curious about known problems with 13.1. Since Mathsoft / PTC has
abandoned 13.1 is there any listing of known issues with 13.1.

By issues I mean calculated results are not correct, or has specific
operational problems.

Frank

Author: Jim Seale    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:40:37 -0600
Hello,
I am still here. I am still running Mathcad 15 because Prime will not run my existing worksheets.

Jim Seale, P. Eng
Seale Engineering Ltd.
Suite 203, 17510-102 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5S 1K2
Phone 780-483-0206
e-mail />

Author: Dumke, Bill    Posted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:37:17 +0000
Frank,

The Mathcad Collaboratory would have had a lot of stuff on Mathcad 13.

Unfortunately, the Mathcad Collaboratory has been removed from the Internet by PTC. However, the text messages have been moved to the PTC Mathcad Community. The files associated with those messages have not been moved. If you need a file plague Mona Zeftel with file requests. Maybe then PTC will allow the Collaboratory to exist again on the Internet with files in Read Only mode, hopefully.

Author: Frank Doyle    Posted: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:05:04 -0500
Bill,
Thank you for taking the time to pen this e-mail.
I had given up on PTC, but thank's to the e-mail, I have found some info
still exists.
Best Regards
Frank