Re: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

Search email archive for

Re: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:28:00 +0000
From:
"G S Tong" /> To:
/> Cc:
"Guang S. Tong \(Office\)" /> Date:
22/07/2010 15:28
Subject:
[mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

Hi all,
I installed MathCAD V11.2a on my laptop computer with Windows 7 (x64) Home
Premium. Also installed was MathCAD-Add-In-for-Excel. The installation
went ok. MathCAD was able to open MathCAD files developed before and
worked ok. Excel files having MathCAD-Add-In also worked ok.
However, all Tool-bars on MathCAD were NOT shown. Has anyone successfully
installed MathCAD (any version) on Windows 7 ?

Guang Tong
BlueScope Building North American

---
The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News
Contributions:
Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com
---
Would you like this to come to a different email address?
---
Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
sending a blank email from the new address to:
or
---
You are currently subscribed to mathcad as:

RE: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:26:00 +0000
From:
"Sven Lindhardt" /> To:
/> Date:
23/07/2010 09:16
RE: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

I am using MathCad V14 in Win 7 64 bit. I don't know about earlier
versions. But I have at several occasions saved the day with other
programs in this manner:
1 Right click on the .exe file in question
2 Select properties
3 Then select the compatibility option
4 Select a proper earlier version of windows. This may require some trial
and error.

HTH
Sven Lindhardt

Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:20:00 +0000
From:
"Snelling, Dave"

Date:
23/07/2010 09:20
RE: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

Hi all, I am using Mathcad 14.0.1.286 on a 64 bit Windows Pro platform
with none of the problems mentioned by Guang or Kerri. I thought earlier
versions of Mathcad than 14 were not compatible with 64 bit operating
systems?

Although totally unrelated to the current issues I can’t resist expressing
my frustration with PTC having implemented recalculate worksheet as the
default when one saves a Mathcad worksheet. Who would want that as the
default– anyone?
Dave Snelling

Dr David R. Snelling
Principal Research Officer
NRC/ICPET/Combustion Research
Building M9, 1200 Montreal Rd.
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A OR6
Phone (613) 993-0810
Fax (613) 957-7869

www.nrc.ca

[...]

 Attachments:
 msg-27620-3.gif

Re: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:24:00 +0000
From:
"Eden Mei" /> To:
/> Cc:
"Guang S. Tong \(Office\)" /> Date:
23/07/2010 09:24
Re: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

I have Mathcad 11.2 installed on W7 32-bit, which seems to be working OK.
Perhaps there's some sort of compatibility setting that needs attention.

TTFN

Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:26:00 +0000
/> To:
/> Date:
23/07/2010 09:26
Re: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

I had no problem getting Mathcad 14 to run on my gateway laptop with
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium version. I can turn on and display toolbars
with view>toolbars. Interestingly enough, I could never get it to install
on my hp xp machine! I can't remember if I installed with the xp
compatibility mode or not.

Tim

Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:30:00 +0000
From:
"Michel De Ro" /> To:
/> Date:
23/07/2010 09:30
RE: [mathcad] MathCAD V11.2a on Windows 7

Hello

I had MathCad 14 on Win7 64 and 32 bit.
No problem.

Now I upgraded to MC 15 for my 64 bit computer.
No problem also.

Michel De Ro

MDRt SPRL
Expertises ferroviaires. Railway Expertise
6 rue la Brasserie
B 1350 Folx-les-Caves
Belgique
tl +32 81 87 86 46