[mathcad] Mathcad, Prime, Spirit

Search email archive for

[mathcad] Mathcad, Prime, Spirit
Author: Stephen Senn    Posted: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:09:03 +0100
Does anybody know what the latest version of Mathcad is called? I have 15.0
but find it gives me some problems and often used 14.0 instead. I think that
something called Mathcad Spirit was being floated at some time but wonder if
this morphed into Prime. If Prime is now the latest version is it backward
compatible. It looks rather different from the ptc website. Thanks in
advance.
Stephen

Stephen Senn
28a rue des romains
L-8041 Strassen
Luxembourg
+352 26313285
/>

---
The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News
Contributions: /> Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com
---
Would you like this to come to a different email address?
---
Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
sending a blank email from the new address to:
or
---
You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: /> To unsubscribe send a blank email to />

Re: [mathcad] Mathcad, Prime, Spirit
Author: Surak Perera    Posted: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:37:55 +0000
Hi Stephen,

The latest version is Mathcad Prime 1, but we are expecting Prime 2 early
this year.

Prime 1 has the following characteristics;

- The concept and philosophy of Mathcad is preserved. ie, live calculation
worksheet which reads like a book, variables, functions, plots, units, all
dynamic and flexible, easy to use.
- Completely redesigned interface, based on a more workflow orientated
approach. This brings many advantages in the longer term as below.
- Improved stability
- Easier licensing

- Not all features have been implemented, such as symbolics and 3d plots,
but majority of essential features are there.
- It comes with a worksheet convertor for previous versions of Mathcad.

I concur that for an experienced power user of Mathcad, this version is a
little bit alien, but it is definitely the way forward in order to develop
with modern technology. The things I look forward to;

* 64bit memory allocation support
* Improved performance on the latest processors
* Drawing interface for sketching concepts
* Calculation server

* Smoother connectivity to CAD and PLM

* True numbers www.truenum.com

I would recommend looking at it seriously, for new worksheets.

If you have Mathcad 15, you should be entitled to Prime.

Yours sincerely,

Surak Perera MEng
Maths & Simulation
Adept Scientific UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1462 489113
Mob: +44 (0) 7837 389735

From:
"Stephen Senn" /> To:
/> Cc:
"stephen Senn" /> Date:
25/01/2012 15:50
Subject:

Author: Esteban Sanchis    Posted: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:45:53 +0100
Is there any chance to have also an Mac OSX version?

Esteban Sanchis
Universitat de Valencia

El 26/01/2012, a las 11:37, escribió:

> [...]
> ---
> Would you like this to come to a different email address?
> ---
> Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
> sending a blank email from the new address to:
> or
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: /> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to /> >
>
> --- The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News Contributions: Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com List Archive: http://lists.adeptscience.co.uk/ --- Would you like this to come to a different email address? --- Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by sending a blank email from the new address to: or --- You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: To unsubscribe send a blank email to />

---