Re: Re[2]: [mathcad] --Mathcad

Search email archive for

Re: Re[2]: [mathcad] --Mathcad
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:57:00 +0000
From:
"Aldo P. Solari"

Date:
24/01/2011 11:57
Subject:
Re[2]: [mathcad] --Mathcad

Robert, all,

IF.... :P

you do not shame ending up using some software made by the
ruskies :P (shame on us, shame on us) :P

there's

http://www.smathstudio.com/

http://www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=1676

still under development but open source with some future.

I hope not but -it appears- that PeeTeeCee MathCAD will -sooner or
later- b-u-r-s-t (a gypsy fortune teller said so) :P

My FORTRAN colleagues are still half/laughing at us: you know, they
run "carpet-bombing"/flying iterations on cheap INTEL/Unixoid clusters
and FORTRAN ...

A "let-it-die-with-dignity" solution (we already chatted some about
this in the past) could be IF.... PTC let the thing go opensource or
outsource it to either the People's Rep. of China or India.

Best,

Aldo

W/best wishes,

Aldo P. Solari (fisheries biologist, PhD)

----
(academic matters)
(private matters)

Home: www.ulpgc.es/webs/ffresearch-solaris
----
(U. of) Las Palmas, Canary Islands [24/01/2011, 11:19 GMT]
----