Re: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts

Search email archive for

Re: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:04:00 +0000
From:
Marc Artzrouni /> To:
/> Date:
21/01/2011 12:04
Subject:
[mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts

Hi all :

I had also noted that the list had gone silent for quite a while - which
is a shame -

I may have an explanation. Between the "out of office" replies, the
anti-spam barriers put up by members
who request that you click on a link to "get through" , and the various
forms of nuisance mails, the whole experience
was becoming discouraging and cumbersome -

At least that's very much why I drifted away, and this of course
has to do with all the garbage/spam that clutters the internet and
threatens our e-mail systems.

Could there be alternatives with fewer such problems such as a "Mathcad
forum"?

This being said, we should try to carry on -

Cheers

Marc Artzrouni

Le 21/01/2011 12:24, a écrit :
Thanks Aldo,
As you can see the list is not broken, so if anyone has any Mathcad
questions please post them here.
Regards
Paul Bragg

On 21 Jan 2011, at 09:24, "Aldo P. Solari"
wrote:

I havent received any traffic from the MathCAD forum since several
months ago.

I wonder whether it is still operative, I am with General Maximus
Meridius in the Elysees or everyone has gone over to MAPLE :P

Please, confirm :-)

W/best wishes,

Aldo P. Solari (fisheries biologist, PhD)

----
(academic matters)
(private matters)

Home: www.ulpgc.es/webs/ffresearch-solaris
----

---
The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News
Contributions: /> Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com
---
Would you like this to come to a different email address?
---
Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
sending a blank email from the new address to:
or
---
You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: /> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
/>

Marc Artzrouni, Professor
Department of Mathematics (CNRS 5142)
University of Pau - BP 1155
64013 Pau Cedex
FRANCE

**********************************
tel: + 33 - (0)5 59 40 75 50
fax: + 33 - (0)5 59 40 75 55
e-mail: /> Skype: marc.artzrouni
**********************************

Home page:
http://www.univ-pau.fr/~artzroun/

---

Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:01:00 +0000
From:
"Dumke, Bill"

Date:
22/01/2011 11:01
RE: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts

The real problem is that an Adeptscience employee, eg. Paul, has to
manually go through all the spam to find the Mathcad user’s e-mails.
Sometimes mine have been missed. If Adeptscience would be willing to pay
for a challenge antispam filter like ChoiceMail (and they make a version
for servers) the problem would go away. The current e-mail list members
would never get a challenge. And new list members could just reply to
the challenge and then the administrator would have to approve them, but
that would be easy. Also for server use I suspect, but don’t know for
sure, the challenge could be customized to be a sign-up sheet. I use
ChoiceMail on my home PC and it works great. Spam just goes away.

I started with Mathcad exclusively using the Adeptscience list, and it was
great back then. I could get an answer within hours. It could still be
again. I miss it.

Thanks Paul for all your work trying to keep it going. But you need help.

Bill

Bill Dumke
RF Engineer
Nsight dba Cellcom
450 Security Blvd, Green Bay, WI 54313
Ph: 920-617-7311
Email:

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named.
The contents may be confidential and/or privileged If you have received
this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the
email. Thank you.

COMMITTED TO ECO-FRIENDLY PRACTICES : Please print only when necessary.

wrote:
[...]

You are currently subscribed to %%list.name%% as: %%emailaddr%%.

Re: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:48:00 +0000
From:
"Frank.Doyle" /> To:
/> Date:
24/01/2011 10:48
Re: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts

Greetings:
Is the decrease in communications due, in part, to PTC (?) doing a better
job of supporting MCAD?
I believe that MCAD 13.1 was the last version that used the Maple engine.
It seems hard to believe
that changing the "engine" would reduce all questions that users have.
The same type of persons
still manipulate the engine to produce the program.

Personally, I have decided to stick with MCAD 13.1

I would be interested in learning if the nist program REFPROP v9 has been
configured with a C wrapper
to enable it to be accessed directly from MCAD 13.1.

Regards
Frank
Frank Doyle
/>

Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:57:00 +0000
From:
Marc Artzrouni /> To:
/> Date:
24/01/2011 14:57
Subject:
[mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts

We need a facebook page

EXCELLENT idea - I started using FB a week ago and I realize it's used for
everyting !
Will Albert Pergande create the page, since it's his idea? (or should it
be a PTC, Adeptscience person?)
Marc Artzrouni

We need a facebook page

--
[...]

Re: [mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts: Facebook
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:30:00 +0000
From:
Marc Artzrouni

Date:
24/01/2011 15:30
Subject:
[mathcad] Mathcad list thoughts: Facebook

I DON't THINK it's true that everything posted is essentially public -
I've just been playing around with the "privacy settings" and there are
all
all sorts of ways of restricting who sees what and can post what - For
example you can have a "private" or "secret" group - in the latter case
only the members
see messages and others don't even know of the existence of the group !

It's a more serious problem obviously if some of us don't have access to
Facebook from work - Companies need to understand that FB is becoming
a widely used tool - Perhaps there will soon be a way for a company to
allow access to legitimate "Professional FB Pages" only -

Marc Artzrouni

Le 24/01/2011 16:03, Pergande, Albert N a écrit :
That's true, but it's still useful. The big thing to remember is anything
you post there is essentially public, and FB could conceivably claim
copyright to it. And you can always get to it on your $900 iThingamajig

The problem with a Facebook page is that many corporate servers block
access to them as they tend to be quite intrusive.
I know that’s the case with our firm.