Re[2]: [mathcad] -- still on ?

Search email archive for

Re[2]: [mathcad] -- still on ?
Author: Aldo P Solari    Posted: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:13:38 +0000
Frank,

if you're still running on v. 13.1, you are not in-country,
alternatively, a romantic or a true adventurer in Northern Alaska :P

I would go for v. 14 or 15 with fix 030.

Prime ... or not Prime: the kernel looks like an "All at 1 buck"
shop :P

Best,

Aldo

W/best wishes/greetings,

Aldo P. Solari (fisheries researcher, Ph.D.)
2D-3D Stock dynamics and systems modelling.

Email: <aldo.solari at fisheries.es>

http://independent.academia.edu/AldoSolari

----
All general confidentiality disclaimers apply
----

Author: Aldo P Solari    Posted: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:58:11 +0000
A true crime. Unforgivable.

Years of accumulated knowledge sent to the trash can.

10 life sentences without possibility of parole :P

Author: Aldo P Solari    Posted: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:19:38 +0000
Laurent, I browsed the new repository a while ago and it was a "ham
bone". I will check it out during the holiday season.

All the best to all,

wrote [on the 23/10/2012, at 15:21 GMT]:

> It seems that there are a few names on the PTC board that I recognized from this list.

> Have you been browsing that way at all?

----
end of file

---

Author: Aldo P Solari    Posted: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:17:22 +0000
Steen is correct. I meant v 14 w/ fix 030.

As for Davids question on stability of v. 14 w/ latest fix:

- I have run many "blow/up-the-box" numerical simulations (that is,
difference delayed equations w/non-linear functions to mirror
stock-recruitment exploited fish stock systems perturbed by external
forcing and past/present fishing mortality, a rather "lengthy thing"
with several pseudo-equilibria, etc.) __without__ any MathCAD related
issues *as far as I can see* (after extensive cross checked results
with "the type_writing app" from "matchworxs" without any issues
whatsoever).

- Version 14 with fix 030 **is not** guilty :P

- However, I have quite a slimmed down Windows 7, stable. As I see it,
most potential issues with MathCAD (and any other calc intensive app)
do not depend on the apps themselves but on some "bitchy thing",
bug-or-feature :P or memory resident tiny app which will jerk around
the system. Clean up the system, throw away useless stuff, keep it fit
for D-day, have -say a CleverCache kind of app- and everything shall
run fine&quick.

All the best.

Cheers,

wrote [on the 05/12/2012, at 12:30 GMT]:

> There in no 15M030 fix so far. Only just reached 15M020. I got that
> and I use it a little, but my main productivity is still in 11.2SG
> (the latter indicates I have tampered with the symbolics so I can
> solve ODEs in symbolics).

----
end of file

---