Re: [mathcad] Redefining the Heaviside function

Search email archive for

Re: [mathcad] Redefining the Heaviside function
Author: Paul Bragg    Posted: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:26:00 +0000
----- Forwarded by Paul Bragg/Users/AdeptScientific on 21/02/2011 15:12
-----

From:
Stephen Senn /> To:
/> Date:
24/04/2010 09:26
Subject:
[mathcad] Redefining the Heaviside function

Tom Gutman makes an interesting argument for the version 14 definition
being superior to that used earlier but this does not justify changing
it in the way it was changed, that is to say without warning in a way
that would cause programs that had been written in earlier versions to
fail. I think the solution is to let the user to define the function
globally in the same way that ORIGIN and TOL can be. The two
alternatives should have been given in V14.
Stephen
--
Stephen Senn (home email)
17 Dundonald Road

---
The Mathcad List - Discussion, Support & News
Contributions: /> Hosted by: Adept Scientific http://www.adeptscience.com
---
Would you like this to come to a different email address?
---
Simply leave the mailing list (see below) and re-join by
sending a blank email from the new address to:
or
---
You are currently subscribed to mathcad as: /> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
/>