reference order in word

Search email archive for

reference order in word
Author: Zahra    Posted: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:52:55 -0400
Hello,

When I insert several references from EndNote library in one baracket in
MicrosoftWord, the references are sorted by first letter of author's
name not by year. I appreciate if someone can explain how to change
automatic alphabet sorting to year sorting (from old o new).

RE: reference order in word
Author: Leanne    Posted: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:45:13 -0400
This is a style specific setting. From the Edit menu > output-styles>
edit "selected style" - citation sort order > and select the Year+Author
setting.

Leanne

Author: Steve    Posted: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:27:24 -0400
Actually, I think the original question was about how to make EndNote
insert citations in order of their year of publication. The only way I
know to do this is to click the "year" column in the library window (to
sort the references in your library by year) before you select the
references that you want to insert into the text.

-Steve Palmer