How to update changed password (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)

Search email archive for

How to update changed password (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 04:51:38 -0800 (
Subject: How to update changed password

Hello, I recently began using Endnote and Endnote web. More recently, I have had to update all my passwords, including the password to my Endnote Web account. Now my desktop version will not sync with Endnote Web telling me that my credentials are invalid.   Here is the error display:   Sync Details Sync was last run: Never Sync Status: There are changes that need to be sent. Error Code: Server.AuthenticationToken.invalidUserCredentials Error Message: Failed: The username/password specified is not valid.   Local Sync Library Library Name: ChemiSearch.enl Records: 23 Groups: 2 Attachments: 24 Online Sync Library Username: (displays my username correctly) Serial Number: Unable to contact EndNote Web. Records: Unknown Groups: Unknown Attachments: Unknown   Sync Limits Number of Records: Unknown Number of Groups: Unknown Number of Attachments: Unknown   Thanks in advance for any input,

Re: How to update changed password (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 06:11:00 -0800 (
Subject: Re: How to update changed password

Have you looked in the Endnote Edit>preferences> Sync settings?

Re: How to update changed password (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:01:56 -0800

I could hug you, Thanks.   However, if somebody else has this problem (and using also a new user to Mac): you go to Endnote X7 (to the right of File) > Preferences > Sync   From there you have to change the password in two places (the first one you will see then you click on Enable and you are prompted to enter your email/pass again).

Re: How to update changed password (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 13:06:18 -0800

{{Charkol}}