Shortening URLs in MS Word (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)

Search email archive for

Shortening URLs in MS Word (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:56:04 -0800
Subject: Shortening URLs in MS Word

Re: Shortening URLs in MS Word (Thomson Reuters Community Subscription Update)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 06:34:34 -0800
Subject: Re: Shortening URLs in MS Word

Are you attempting to add a URL in the style or do you have the URL in the library record? If you have the URL in the library record and the URL is a field in the Style, it will be an active hyperlink in Word. If you have the URL field in the Style and a URL in the URL field of the record and it does not appear as an active hyperlink in Word, then the Auto-Correct options would need to be updated. In Word, click on the Office button and then Word Options. Click on Proofing and then click AutoCorrect Options. Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab and make sure you check the "Replace as you type" option for "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." Click OK to close these dialogs.