Neil Bennett and Alex Cadwallader of Leonard Curtis Business Solution Group were appointed Joint Administrators of Adept Scientific Limited (ďthe CompanyĒ) on 4 November 2014.

Thomson Reuters:"and we digress from the original thread!" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription

Search email archive for

Thomson Reuters:"and we digress from the original thread!" - 1 New Post - Community Subscription
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:47:30 -0800
Subject: and we digress from the original thread!
Author: Leanne (Mentor)
Date: 02-09-2012 04:47 PM

I guess the short answer is, that no one has raised it to my knowledge before?  Certainly it isn't a common occurance in the sciences which is where I come from. It took quite a long time for them to come up with the Author (Year) solution which many did ask for... and as you noted it doesn't always work, when you try to use it in a slightly different way.   I know that backward compatibility is a big issue with Endnote users, so rewriting the whole program would mean that compatibility would become a MAJOR problem, hence their difficulty in working with the legacy coding.  The last time they tried to do a major switch (EN8) you may recall the buggy result and the inability to switch back and forth between EN7 and EN8/9/X users.    Finally as they provide more complicated various options to comply with requests, the steeper learning curve for new users!   It is only us "old folks" who learned the program thru the various reincarnations (I used it from Endnote, prior to Endnote Plus when it was a Niles product) who actually KNOW all the possibilites and reasons for gliches...