cwyw.dot

Search email archive for

cwyw.dot
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:22:04 -0700
Subject: cwyw.dot

Author: Egleck (New User)
Date: 04-22-2009 09:21 PM

I have had to uninstall EndNote from my computer.   I had errors in MSWord where a template was open and could not be closed - therefore I could not use MSWord. The template was one created by EndNote "cwyw.dot" and I followed the directions listed at EndNote to resolve the problem. None of them worked and MSWord was corrupted enough that reinstalling Office did fix the error. It has also caused my MSOutlook to freeze up, too. I had to disable MSWord in Outlook.   I am now ready to purchase a different software for reference management and ask all the staff to uninstall EndNote -- but, I cannot get MSWord to word even with a reinstall.   Can any one can anyone with EndNote reply to me about getting the cwyw.dot corrupted files and repair the damage in my computer? EndNote tech support has not replied to my emails.

Re: cwyw.dot
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:00:04 -0700
Subject: Re: cwyw.dot

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-22-2009 10:59 PM

I am surprised you got no response from Tech Support, but I have better luck calling or using the website to contact them.  I think they need to help you. I suspect that there is something in the registry gumming up the works.

Re: Word 2007 Error cwyw.dotm read-only
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:37:07 -0700
Subject: Re: Word 2007 Error cwyw.dotm read-only

Author: StephenH (New User)
Date: 04-28-2009 12:36 AM

Dear Guenter Did you ever get this problem sorted? I've just installed X2 and have the same problem, so would really appreciate hearing of any work around or fix. Stephen