Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004

Search email archive for

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:29:21 -0700
Subject: Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004

Author: Cecil (New User)
Date: 04-04-2009 05:29 PM

Hi Please help. I am a new EndNote User with Mac Office. I cant seem to insert page numbers,  have tried editing the citation template, use suffix and putting in page numbers with through Edit Citations, etc, but still no positive results. I have also tried the advice as per Leanne last year on this.   All help will be appreciated !

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:11:32 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-05-2009 06:11 PM

Do you want the page numbers in citations, in references or in footnotes? Please attach the style you are using.

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:46:45 -0700

Author: Cecil (New User)
Date: 04-05-2009 06:46 PM

Hi Leanne   Thanks for replying, I am using development style,I want it in the citation (author, date:pg no)   The prefix seems to work, but not when I use the suffix or page number.  regards  cecil

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:15:28 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-06-2009 12:15 AM

You need your citation to be this (Author, Year|:*Cited Pages|) where the * is the link adjacent thingy.  as in attached style.

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:41:56 -0700

Author: Cecil (New User)
Date: 04-06-2009 07:41 PM

Hi Leanne   Still no success yet.Here is what I have been trying   I opened both my word document and EndNote,set style as Author-date them from Edit opened up Output Stiles; edit author date; under citations - template cut and paste (Author, Year|: Cited Pages|)also tried by inserting this from drop down menue   Then back to my insert in my document; right click for Edit Citations, more and put in pg number and Ok    Still does not work ; nor with suffix   Perhaps I should do it manually for each citation ?   regards

Re: Endnote X1 formatting problems with mac Office 2004
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:40:01 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-06-2009 08:39 PM

It would help if you attached the style you are using, so we other users can look at it.    Try select all, and unformating everything and then  reformating; when you reformat, make sure the corrected style is selected.  Unformating will also turn off CYWY and you will need to turn it on again from the third tab of the format bibliography dialog.You can also save the style I attached to previous email and try that (save it to the folder that your preferences point to).   If it still doesn't work, and/or contact Tech support thru thewww.endnote.com website.