Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)

Search email archive for

Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:07:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)

Author: jra (New User)
Date: 03-21-2009 04:06 PM

Hi all, two days ago I start having the same problem. I only solve the issue when I re-installed the 'Cite while you Write^tm for Word 2008 and EndNote X1' update.    My system details are the following:   Mac OS 10.5.6 Word 12.1.5 Endnote X1 (BLd 2377)     I hope this helps.

Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:25:27 -0700

Author: jra (New User)
Date: 03-24-2009 10:25 PM

Sorry, me again. Word keeps crashing and now I cannot solve it by re-installing the above update. Is there anything else I can do?   Thanks.

Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:42:09 -0700

Author: paperclip810 (New User)
Date: 03-26-2009 02:42 PM

I too am experiencing the same problems as Sara and again, this is Word 2004.   Word closes automatically when you try and insert a citation.  It is irrelevant of whether there is already text and/or previous citations in the document, irrelevant of which library is open and also whether EndNote itself is open or not at the time.   Occassionally everything works fine, but I can't understand why this error is not completely reproducible.  I have patched to X2.0.1 and replaced the CWYW folder (as instructed earlier on here) and no change.   However, unchecking the internet hyperlinks box in Word's AutoFormat settings has fixed the problem (for now anyway).   I am using Word 2004 (11.5.3),  OS X 10.4.11 and EndNote X2.0.1 (Bld 3889).     Will happily answer further questions if it helps - just let me know.   Jen

Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:10:19 -0700

Author: sabele (New User)
Date: 04-27-2009 05:10 PM

FWIW, this is the message that comes up on my console when Word crashes:   IUIServiceNotifyCallbackImp::IUIServiceNotifyCallbackImp dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: lazy pointer not found dyld: lazy pointer not found   Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?   Thank you, Sara

Re: Critical error - Citing in footnote crashes Word 2008 (CWYW, Mac)
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 11 May 2009 05:23:16 -0700

Author: JasonR (Thomson Reuters)
Date: 05-11-2009 01:23 PM

Could you send me a copy of your console log (using the Console application) that shows this message: "IUIServiceNotifyCallbackImp...dyld lazy pointer not found" And, then also using Console, look in the crash logs section, and provide us with the crash log for MS Word?   Thanks. Jason Rollins, the EndNote team />