Re: How to update the reference in Endnote from DOC file.

Search email archive for

Re: How to update the reference in Endnote from DOC file.
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 05:40:23 -0700
Subject: Re: How to update the reference in Endnote from DOC file.

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-29-2009 01:40 PM

I am not exactly sure what you are encountering, but there are two ways I think should solve your problem.  The first, is to completely unformat the document (select all and unformat -DO NOT "REMOVE" endnote links- best to do this on a copy to ensure you don't accidently hit the wrong button although endnote tries to protect you by requesting/requiring you to provide a new name) and remove the residual bibliography and correct your reference and then reformat (format bibliography) and in that dialog re-engage CWYW from the third tab.  You can also do this on a reference group basis.  -unformat the group of references and then fix it and reformat.  You can't just "fix"' a formated reference, or endnote replaces it with the field information and, worse, you risk corrupting the document.

Re: How to update the reference in Endnote from DOC file.
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:23:06 -0700

Author: tomholm (Regular)
Date: 04-29-2009 02:22 PM

To answer Tritiger's original question, there is no two-way communication between Word and EndNote. (At least, not that I know about.) You need to make your corrections in your EndNote library.

Re: How to update the reference in Endnote from DOC file.
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:31:51 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-29-2009 03:31 PM

There is a link from a formated reference back to the endnote library.  It both on the toolbar, and available from the drop down Tools>Endnote tools menu.  It is "Edit Library Reference(s)".  If you are in the field and activate this - it will take you to the library and you can make changes to the Endnote library directly, and it is reflected in the citation, even if you change the author name/spelling.    Is this the functionality that you are looking for?  I don't use it often.