X2 imports only partially a user-created terms list consisting only of single accented letters

Search email archive for

X2 imports only partially a user-created terms list consisting only of single accented letters
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:46:05 -0700
Subject: X2 imports only partially a user-created terms list consisting only of single accented letters

Author: ma_roberge (Regular)
Date: 04-17-2009 04:45 PM

I created with Notepad a terms list containing 32 accented letters pasted from Windows XP's Character Map, one per line, saved as Unicode UTF-8 text. When I imported them into X2, only 18 were admitted. Why does this happen?   Faced with this situation, I tried to create additional letters within the terms list editor, but the OK and Save term buttons are grayed out if I try to create an entry with just one character. If, for testing purposes, I add a second character, the buttons become available again; of course, I do not want two characters, but just one. Why does X2 not accept my single-character entries? Leaving just the Enter key as a delimiter does not seem to help. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.