complicated citation order in text

Search email archive for

complicated citation order in text
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:31:35 -0700
Subject: complicated citation order in text

Author: SHH (New User)
Date: 04-15-2009 10:31 PM

I'm using EndNote X2 with Word 2008 for Mac. The journal that I'm submitting to sorts first by date, then author, but if there are multiple citations by the same author in the citation, those later ones are combined with the earliest one under that author's name.  For example:   (Smith 1999; Jones 2005, 2007; Kirk 2005)   I've been trying to adjust the style to get this result, but this is what I keep ending up with:   (Smith 1999; Jones 2005; Kirk 2005; Jones 2007)   I've got the "Omit repeated authors" box checked, and the sort order as "Year + Author".  Any suggestions on how to get the format that I need?