Re: Working with Apple Pages

Search email archive for

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:45:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Working with Apple Pages

Author: Jeffrey (New User)
Date: 04-03-2009 03:45 AM

Hello, I am new to endnote-trying it out to see if it will help with Turabian.  I am hoping for a template to format papers. So far, I don't know which template is like Turabian, they all seem to be for science or medicine. The Chicago 15th, which I thought should be close, brings up a template for "Nature" a science journal and doesn't appear to be Chicago. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:40:33 -0700

Author: JasonR (Thomson Reuters)
Date: 04-03-2009 12:40 PM

Yes - EndNote supports the Turabian Bibliographic Output Style - including the footnotes and bibliography. If you are looking at the demo/evaluation version of EndNote and see just a "Nature template", this is a bit different. In this case a "Template" is an MS Word document that has additional embedded code and details added to it to help one format a complete manuscript - not just the citations and bibliography. These templates only work with MS Word and only the one for the journal "Nature" is included with the demo. The full version of EndNote includes many more. However, the Turabian output style is available with the demo and will allow you to test the formatting with Word or Apple Pages.   I hope this helps.   Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 05:43:37 -0700

Author: Jeffrey (New User)
Date: 04-03-2009 01:43 PM

Thanks for the info. So I should be able to format footnotes and bibliography with endnotes - right?

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 24 May 2009 08:22:24 -0700

Author: r_deutsch (New User)
Date: 05-24-2009 04:22 PM

The CWYW Window does not seem to accept more than one search word in Pages. That is terrible, sometimes you have to browse 50+ hits to find the one you want. With Word 2008 combined searches seem to work very well. Is there a way to implement this functionality for Pages?   Best regards,   R. Deutsch

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:14:59 -0700

Author: JasonR (Thomson Reuters)
Date: 05-26-2009 06:14 PM

As for:   "...combined searches ... Is there a way to implement this functionality for Pages?"   this should very likely be possible but these suggestions will have the most impact if they are sent directly to Apple as well:   http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html     Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 06:23:42 -0700

Author: anestokl (New User)
Date: 06-05-2009 02:23 PM

Hi,   I am writing my master thesis in Pages with Endnote X2. I have updated the styles in my Endnote library (changed author list appreances etc.) and saved it. How can I update the bibliography in my document with theese changes? In other programmes you normally use "format bibliography" (word 2003) or "update citation and bibliography" (office 2007). How do I do this in Pages?   Ane

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 07:18:16 -0700

Author: JasonR (Thomson Reuters)
Date: 06-05-2009 03:18 PM

The first thing to try might be the following:   After making edits to records or Output Styles in EndNote, it might be necessary to close and restart both EndNote and Pages for the edits to be visible in Pages.   Then use the Pages - Edit > EndNote Citations > Bibliography Format menu item to change/update the citations and bibliography.   Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:09:20 -0700

Author: austarv (New User)
Date: 06-15-2009 10:09 PM

Re: Working with Apple Pages
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:53:41 -0700

Author: davidpsummers (New User)
Date: 06-24-2009 12:53 AM

I just started using Endnote X2 (X2.0.1 (Bld 3889)) with Pages '09 (4.0.2 (751)).  When I use references with authors who have capitals that are not first letter of the name (eg. McKay, De Giacomo, and Nuth III), the citation in the text looses that capitalization (eg. "(De giacomo et al., 2007; Mckay, 1997; Nuth iii et al., 2006)").  Is there a way around this?