Re: referencing of Excel in Endnote

Search email archive for

Re: referencing of Excel in Endnote
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 02:31:15 -0700
Subject: Re: referencing of Excel in Endnote

Author: IVS-BM (Regular)
Date: 04-20-2009 10:31 AM

I'm not sure if I get your problem right. Is your dissertation related to computer science, and you want to cite Excel? The correct way to reference a software depends on the citation guidelines your university/faculty/department would like you to use. However, my guess is that if there are specific guidelines, they don't explicitly say how to reference a software. In my opinion, a citation with an author ("Microsoft" or "Microsoft Corporation" or something like that), a title (probably "Microsoft Excel 2007") and a publication year (2007, or check your release number year if necessary) and, if it's important to your thesis, the version number (e.g. "Service Pack 2") would be suitable enough. What did you use in your proposal? Why did they think the reference was not correct?   Martin de la Iglesia