Transferring EndNote Preferences Across Computers

Search email archive for

Transferring EndNote Preferences Across Computers
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:56:15 -0700
Subject: Transferring EndNote Preferences Across Computers

Author: dinogami (Visitor)
Date: 04-24-2009 11:56 PM

Hi! - I searched for an answer to this, but didn't find one!  I need to transfer my EndNote preferences settings to two other computers -- basically, I want them all to read and display my library in exactly the same way.  I tried copying the EndNote folder from the Application Data folder to one of the new computers, but it didn't do anything -- the program on that computer still insists on displaying things the default way, including not showing my custom field headings (though it has the data in the right places).  Is there a way to do this?  I just want to avoid having to waste time going in to each computer and changing individual settings manually...it seems to me that this is such a fundamental thing that there HAS to be a way...!  Thanks for your time and help!