Re: Need to print list of references

Search email archive for

Re: Need to print list of references
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:55:07 -0700
Subject: Re: Need to print list of references

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-21-2009 04:54 AM

You sound like a candidate for some anger management:smileyhappy: or endnote training - maybe a webinar? http://www.endnote.com/training/ jlamarca wrote:   Is it possible to print out lists of references in specific groups? If so, how? Yes.  select the group and then select the references in the group (select all or ctrlA), then File, export to an rtf file, ensuring the correct style is chosen in the dropdown list -lower left or print after selecting the correct style in the endnote window.  I am constantly battling EndNote to find a way to list legal references and court cases for the references that must be cited under APA. Are there any, relatively easy, ways to accomplish this. battling.   You really need to ask nicely!  -- but I am not quite sure what you asking.  Legal referencing as I understand it, is rather complicated, and are a law unto themselves... I suggest googling something like: "legal reference endnote apa"? The templates, for each source type, that are provided in EndNote are about as clear as mud. Are there any sources of information as to how to use those?   You can view the output from a selected style (in style manager) by toggling the style info/preview button.  Also, you can consult this thread, for a set of styles and examples.  http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&thread.id=395&jump=true

Re: Need to print list of references
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:29:52 -0700

Author: jlamarca (Visitor)
Date: 04-22-2009 05:29 AM

Leanne wrote: You sound like a candidate for some anger management:smileyhappy: or endnote training - maybe a webinar? http://www.endnote.com/training/       I'll settle for a bit of training :smileyhappy: hopefully, it won't be as painful as learing how to use EndNote (which seems to be a very counterintuitive bloated piece of software that, while it may do the job, REALLY needs to be re-written while keeping endusers in mind) :smileywink:    Is it possible to print out lists of references in specific groups? If so, how? Yes.  select the group and then select the references in the group (select all or ctrlA), then File, export to an rtf file, ensuring the correct style is chosen in the dropdown list -lower left or print after selecting the correct style in the endnote window.   GREAT! Thank you! I am constantly battling EndNote to find a way to list legal references and court cases for the references that must be cited under APA. Are there any, relatively easy, ways to accomplish this.  battling.   You really need to ask nicely!  -- but I am not quite sure what you asking.  Legal referencing as I understand it, is rather complicated, and are a law unto themselves... I suggest googling something like: "legal reference endnote apa"?   I did ask nicely - EndNote isn't very nice though, so there :smileytongue: Let me give you an example (as long as I'm being so mean) - let's say I want to cite a specific court ruling such as Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, 347 U.S. 483 (1954)   How does one cite that using EndNote under APA? The templates, for each source type, that are provided in EndNote are about as clear as mud. Are there any sources of information as to how to use those?   You can view the output from a selected style (in style manager) by toggling the style info/preview button.  Also, you can consult this thread, for a set of styles and examples.  http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&thread.id=395&jump=true Thanks, the mud just got a bit clearer.