urgent corrupt Word docx .need help

Search email archive for

urgent corrupt Word docx .need help
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:30:42 -0700
Subject: urgent corrupt Word docx .need help

Author: kyky11nz (New User)
Date: 04-14-2009 11:30 PM

Hi all,   I am you will say how silly I was.... and yes i was i did not save a spare copy of my thesis and now the only file i have cannot be opened!!!!!   I assume the problem came from endnotes when i closed the word document. somehow the endnotes library corrupted and cause an error for word 07 as well. Now when i try to open the docx (word 2007) document, a message comes up saying the the context of file is missing and cannot be opened. I tried different word recovery softeware and none of them work!!!!!   i wonder if anyone has the same experience and if so how can i open the word document (or extract some of the text at least) when the endnotes context is corrupt.   Many thanks in adanve!!