URL

Search email archive for

URL
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:35:35 -0700
Subject: URL

Author: nbrown (New User)
Date: 03-30-2009 02:35 PM

The URLs or access dates are not showing up in my citations. When I compile the reference, I select  web page as reference type. I am specifcally trying to format for Social Science and Medicine. Also, the final period is not showing up at end of the last sentence in the citation. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Endnote X1 file attachements error - "This URL(\\) could not be launched"
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:48:22 -0700
Subject: Re: Endnote X1 file attachements error - "This URL(\\) could not be launched"

Author: Mulherin (New User)
Date: 04-08-2009 12:48 AM

Just in case anyone else has the same problem I had that induced the "This URL... could not be launched." error ...   My problem was associated with some text changes I did when I accidently didn't choose the field to change. That left the default of "Any Field", so when I changed all "/" to ";" to tidy up my keywords it also changed the "/"s in the File Attachment fields which broke all the links. It was then fairly straightforward to go back and change the ";"s back to "/"s and get the links working again.   The lesson which I need to learn is to be very careful about using "Change Text" as the default is "Any Field" which can  be deadly as there is no warning.   Thomson: could you put a warning message in the Change Text box when someone tries to do a change without selecting a specific field? Or better: force a selection of field and give an option of "Any Field" but only by selection not default?   Thanks!

Re: Endnote X1 file attachements error - "This URL(\\) could not be launched"
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 05:35:31 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-08-2009 01:35 PM

That default has bit me as well.  Could you post to suggestions, so the right people see this?