Complex style question

Search email archive for

Complex style question
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:09:10 -0700
Subject: Complex style question

Author: jiporter (New User)
Date: 04-15-2009 09:09 PM

I'm trying to get styles to do complex if-then results: if there's no translator, no series title, no edition information, etc., then a period will appear after the title. If not, then a comma will appear (except in one case) and more information will appear after the comma, after which a period will appear.   ie:   a) Author (Year) Title, 2nd ed. Place Published.   b) Author (Year) Title. Place Published.   c) Author (Year) Title. Trans. Translator. Place Published.  (and so on)   in the style ex. below (for Books) spaces stand for dependent spaces (spacebar-space). see attached image file.   Anyway, I'm not quite able to get this to go. Suggestions welcome. Thanks.    Author.| (Year)| Title| . Trans. Translator.| Series Title| , vol. Volume| Edited by Series Editor | , Edition edn.| , Number of Volumes vols.| in "In X Volumes".| Place Published.| (1st ed. Original Publication.)| (First published "First Published").| (Translated from Original Language Edition)| (Engl. trans.: English Translation.)| ( Rpt. Reprint Edition.)| ( = Abbreviation)