Re: How to empty a smart group

Search email archive for

Re: How to empty a smart group
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:38:40 -0700
Subject: Re: How to empty a smart group

Author: JasonR (Thomson Reuters)
Date: 04-17-2009 05:38 PM

Smart Groups are working exactly as designed in X2. The options to "empty" a Smart Group are to delete records - they go to the trash  - or - delete the Smart Group altogether - this does not remove records from your library. A Smart Group is essentially a saved search that is run automatically so editing the results goes against the basic defintion of the feature.   You might try using the "Added to Library" and "Last Updated" fields to help keep track of newer items as they are added to your EndNote library.   Jason Rollins, the EndNote team