Re: Chicago Style Accession Number

Search email archive for

Re: Chicago Style Accession Number
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:03:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Chicago Style Accession Number

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-22-2009 01:03 PM

You need to check that this field has been assigned to the other reference types in the preferences-reference types-modify reference type; it may not be used (although you can add it) or it have been given a different name?  Which reference type are you trying to edit the template of?

Re: Chicago Style Accession Number
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:45:26 -0700

Author: sjkiss (Visitor)
Date: 04-22-2009 01:45 PM

Hi Leanne, OK, I see the problem. I think this is the best strategy for me to pursue, but I need your help on one other thing. I have a bunch of references which are best classed as Archival Material. AT the moment, they are all recorded as "Generic" reference types. I created a new reference type "Archival Material" that has all the fields I need. How to I change multiple references from being "Generic" reference types to "Archival Material"?

Re: Chicago Style Accession Number
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:43:31 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-22-2009 02:43 PM

Make a backup of your library, in case this gets messed up.   There is a "change text" option under the Edit menu.  Select Reference Type from the drop down for field (I think it is last) and carefully type "Generic" in the top box and "Archival Material" (without the quotes) in the bottom.  It should tell you how many references it is going to change. If it looks right, - say okay.    To make it more specific, start with only the records you want to change showing (especially if there are other records with the reference type "generic" that you don't want to change.