Re: Corporate Author with commas in the name.

Search email archive for

Re: Corporate Author with commas in the name.
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 05:09:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Corporate Author with commas in the name.

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-22-2009 01:09 PM

Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 06:19:19 -0700

Author: fitz_m (Regular)
Date: 04-22-2009 02:19 PM

Leanne's suggestion works for the formatting of a corporate author in a reference list, but unfortunately anything that follows the double comma will be omitted from an in-text citation. So in your case, you would have to enter the author name as Alberta Agriculture,, Food and Rural Development to get a proper bibliography entry, but the in-text citation would then appear as (Alberta Agriculture).    The issue was discussed on this thread: http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&thread.id=124

Re: Corporate Author with commas in the name.
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:10:53 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-22-2009 03:10 PM

Thanks for the reminder.  Senior moment and I forgot those complications!