Re: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?

Search email archive for

Re: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:46:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-13-2009 04:46 PM

Footnotes or Bibliography?  For Bibliography, you need to surround the "Accessed on" and associated punctuation with the "link adjacent" and "forced separation" thingys available from the insert fields dropdown.  In the example I have in one of my styles   Author, 'Title', Series Title |[Type of Medium],| (updated*Last Update Date) <URL>|,*Accessed on*Access Date*Access Year.   Where the * is used to replace the "link adjacent" symbol, which doesn't show up here (= non-breaking space).   For footnotes, there may be another glitch, which John East describes here: http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-howto&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=11#M11   But for emergency purposes, my solution with 3 days to go, would be to make a copy of the document and Unlink the endnote references (there is a button on the toolbar, "remove field codes") when you are ready to submit and make your manual changes now! At least then they will stick.

Re: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:36:45 -0700

Author: johneast (Enthusiast)
Date: 04-14-2009 02:36 AM

I think this may be a bug. A similar case with repeat citations in footnote styles was reported recently. See this thread.

Re: Unwanted text remains after the word "Ibid" in footnotes : how do I get rid of it?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:58:32 -0700

Author: smilinbaby (Regular)
Date: 04-14-2009 03:58 AM

Leanne : it was in the Footnotes. I'll definitely go with the custom editing of the word doc: no time for fooling around now :).   John: thanks for pointing to the thread.   Ive got an unrelated question : I was using the oxford+footnotes+bibliography style fine until it was removed from the Univeristy of Queensland website, would you know why by any chance? (sorry Im running out of time and dont feel like opening a new thread...plus Ill stick to my edited version of chicago now, I just wonder why its been removed, it was just such a great style, I definitely shoudl have saved it somewhere; but for some reason I never thought it would be removed from that website...   Thanks everybody!