Re: Endnote X2 fails to download full text/urls on my computer but works on other machines

Search email archive for

Re: Endnote X2 fails to download full text/urls on my computer but works on other machines
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:15:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Endnote X2 fails to download full text/urls on my computer but works on other machines

Author: assengar (New User)
Date: 04-23-2009 04:15 PM

Well, I managed to resolve the issue. Turns out within Internet Explorer, the detect internet connection settings were clear. For some reason, this is an impediment for Endnote's full text find feature but not for online searches. Nor do the IE settings affect any other functions of Windows XP that I could tell.   By turning on the automatically detect proxy settings (even though I don't have any proxy connections), Endnote X2's full text find now works.   This isn't a documented requirement in the Endnote manual nor is this presented as a warning during the installation process. Perhaps the developers could add this check during setup.