Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book

Search email archive for

Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:40:50 -0700
Subject: Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-14-2009 03:40 AM

 You want to make sure your style citation author settings are as in the attached image.  Make sure there is a space before and after the & in both places.

Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:29:59 -0700

Author: ellie (New User)
Date: 04-14-2009 09:29 AM

Leanne, I tried that already and also re-set up as your instruction but it didnt work. It just presented the 1st author and the year (Clarke, 1997).   Thanks a lot, anw ellie

Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:00:57 -0700

Author: ellie (New User)
Date: 04-14-2009 10:00 AM

:smileyhappy: wow I did it. its working as i want now. The problem is not in the Author lists, but how i typed author's names in the reference field. I shouldnt type the authors' names in one line, they should be seperated by [enter]. Hope this may help someone else.   Cheers, ellie

Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:36:43 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-14-2009 02:36 PM

Please attach the style file you are using and we can look at it.    I assume your authors are listed one per line separated by carriage returns in  the recprd?

Re: How to cite co-authors for one article/book
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:39:03 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-14-2009 02:38 PM

There is no need for the secondary author in the templates.  The secondary author would be, for example, the editors in a book chapter.  They are not the "second" author in the list.