Re: Unwanted fonts and formatting pasted into Endnote libraries

Search email archive for

Re: Unwanted fonts and formatting pasted into Endnote libraries
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:34:04 -0700
Subject: Re: Unwanted fonts and formatting pasted into Endnote libraries

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 03-24-2009 02:33 PM

X2 specific "feature"  -- :smileysad: They intend to fix it in X3 I guess.   You can quickly remove the applied fonts with ctrl+a, Ctrl +L, but it is tedious.  Taking it thru notepad is a good tip. Luckily I don't do much copy/pasting.

Re: Unwanted fonts and formatting pasted into Endnote libraries
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:46:55 -0700

Author: jaysonlf (Enthusiast)
Date: 03-24-2009 02:46 PM

I hadn't heard about Ctrl+L. Thanks for that tip. This problem has been around for a while before X2. About a year ago support suggested the following:   ?"There are 2 ways to fix this. The first way is best if you know where the errors are and there are not to many of them. You can cut the offending text out of the reference, paste it into textedit or another plain text editor then just apply the font you want to the text. After that you can just copy and paste it back into the reference.??   The second option is if most if not all of your library has font issues. There is a consequence that your references will be given new ID numbers, making it so that you will have to re-link citations from documents created with the library before the font fix. To do the change, you'll want to export your library as a text file using the .RIS  Output Style. Open the file with a text editor and select the whole document to change the font. Make no other changes than the font to this file. Once the change has been made, create a new library and import the .RIS file you had made.??Currently these are your only 2 options for fonts imbedded into your references in your library. Please make sure to make backups of any document you edit before making these changes."

Re: Unwanted fonts and formatting pasted into Endnote libraries
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 03:20:02 -0700

Author: john (New User)
Date: 04-07-2009 11:19 AM

Another option to deal with this is ctrl+A (to select the whole field line) and then ctrl+T (which puts the text back to plain). A problem with ctrl+L is it puts it into large text (well, on my version, anyway). And you can do this in one hit, ie. ctrl+A then T. John