sorting options for bibliographic styles / output by volume and issue number of a journal when the author is the same

Search email archive for

sorting options for bibliographic styles / output by volume and issue number of a journal when the author is the same
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:09:55 -0700
Subject: sorting options for bibliographic styles / output by volume and issue number of a journal when the author is the same

Author: jiporter (New User)
Date: 04-12-2009 08:09 PM

Trying to get two diff. citations to sort correctly; these are from the same journal by the same author but in consecutive numbers of the journal. If I insert the latter one first it comes out as Author date-a and the former (chronologically speaking) comes out as Author date-b in my bibliography. If I insert the latter one second, they come out the other way around. I'd like them to come out in chronological sequence no matter which order I insert them into my document (as they should), but it looks like EndNote isn't picking this information up. I tried searching for a sorting criterion by issue number, but there isn't any. So, (a) is there a way to add this criterion; but more importantly, (b) is it really necessary? Shouldn't the sorting happen automatically?