Re: Punctuation rules

Search email archive for

Re: Punctuation rules
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:45:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Punctuation rules

Author: jiporter (New User)
Date: 04-20-2009 03:44 AM

The solution proposed below makes no difference to book references. see  this thread: http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&message.id=592#M592 The problem with the errant space is best resolved by removing the | between the issue and the year field:    Author, "Title," `review of` Reviewed Item, Journal Volume|, no. Issue (Year)|: Cited Pages|   This will return the "Ibid" without a space.   The issue of the period /vs no period still exists, since EndNote does not know how to tell where a citation is actually being inserted in the document.  (end of sentence as opposed to middle of sentence)

Re: Punctuation rules
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sat, 30 May 2009 14:18:04 -0700

Author: Jorin (New User)
Date: 05-30-2009 10:17 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!   After a couple of hours of trying to get footnote to format correctly so Ibid. would work right, you gave me the fix I needed.  Much appreciated.