Re: Help removing 'libraries used' when formatting bibliography

Search email archive for

Re: Help removing 'libraries used' when formatting bibliography
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:20:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Help removing 'libraries used' when formatting bibliography

Author: nosugrefneb (New User)
Date: 04-19-2009 11:20 PM

I'm having the same problem. I had to manually delete every reference, build a new EN library, and insert temporary citations all over again. Now when I go to format the citations, EN says it's using not the new library, which is open and running and from which I inserted all my new citations, but the old library, which isn't open. My reference numbers all reference the new library, not the old. And I can't figure out how to get around it. (Using the old library just repeats all the mistakes.)

Re: Help removing 'libraries used' when formatting bibliography
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:30:02 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-20-2009 08:29 PM

I suspect that the manuscript still has a travelling library associated with it,  with the old information.  So I repeat the suggestion I gave earlier in the thread.    Make a copy of the manuscript.  Unformat the references in the manuscript copy. (DO NOT REMOVE FIELD CODES)  Delete any residual bibliography.  Close Endnote and Word.  Reopen the document and try to reformat with the new library open.  (It should not work with out any library open).    does it solve the problem?  (What was the problem in the first place that you had to remove and replace all the endnote references?!)