Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF

Search email archive for

Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:26:27 -0700
Subject: Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 03-25-2009 09:26 PM

Endnote (X2 and earlier, at least) currently do not have this facility.

Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 06:00:10 -0700

Author: jkirkwood (Visitor)
Date: 04-01-2009 01:59 PM

I have written some VBA macros to automatically add Word bookmarks into the EndNote references section and then add cross-reference links that jump from citations to the references. (I have also worked on formatting hyperlinks in citations - which EndNote does not seem to handle in the same way as for References [any comments?]).   This functionality is carried through into pdf by Adobe Acrobat.   This is a work in progress, but would anyone else be interested in this functionality?

Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:58:10 -0700

Author: drarlek (New User)
Date: 06-16-2009 12:58 PM

Yes, I would be very interested! Can you make this solution available here on the forum?

Re: Linking citation to references section in Word and PDF
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:34:28 -0700

Author: gback (New User)
Date: 06-16-2009 09:34 PM

That's common functionality in most other systems (in BibTex, for instance, simply include hyperref.)   I'm not sure what justifies the use of the "Solved!" button.   It should read "Confirmed Bug!"