Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?

Search email archive for

Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:37:08 -0700
Subject: Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?

Author: oranges (New User)
Date: 03-28-2009 06:37 PM

A further update: (I can't seem to leave this alone--I keep trying different things!) :)   With the Name of Database field name included in the output style I get the incorrect repeated citation of: Durie, "Understanding Health and Illness," 25, Oxford Journals.   When I take the Name of Database field name out (even though there are other field names after it), I get the correct output of: Durie, "Understanding Health and Illness," 25.   Is there something different about the Name of Database field?    Must stop obsessing about this and get on with the actual writing of the paper!

Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:16:05 -0700

Author: oranges (New User)
Date: 03-29-2009 06:16 PM

Me again--ok not REALLY an obsession just looks like it. I have spent some time on the paper since yesterday.   I tried rearranging the order of the fields to put Name of Database later in the string (not right after the Cited Pages even though that is where it should be in the final version). Endnote ignores the intervening fields (leaves them out in the final output) but then still includes Name of Database.   Still getting: Durie, "UnderstandingHealth & Illness", 26, Oxford Journals.   Has anyone else had this happen? Is anyone using Chicago 15th Footnotes? Is there a work around for this?

Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:36:13 -0700

Author: johneast (Enthusiast)
Date: 03-30-2009 02:36 AM

I've been able to replicate this behaviour. It looks like a bug to me.   The manual and help screens tell you that a repeat citation for a footnote style will only contain the author and the cited pages, plus the title/short title, if the output style has been configured to include that field.   I think you should refer this question to Technical Support.

Re: How do I change Repeated Citation which has incorrect format Author, "Short Title," Name of Database?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:30:05 -0700

Author: oranges (Visitor)
Date: 04-03-2009 05:29 PM

Thank you very much for your help John. I will forward it as you suggest.