Incorrect in-text citations

Search email archive for

Incorrect in-text citations
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:07:46 -0700
Subject: Incorrect in-text citations

Author: Alesia (New User)
Date: 04-10-2009 12:07 PM

I am having difficulty inserting cite while you write in-text references. When I search for an item and insert it, another altogether different reference appears in the in-text citation. For example, I want to insert Parkes 1986 and instead of that appearing in my WORD document, Kung & Elkin 2000 appears! Totally different! Yet when I right click to edit the reference I see the correct one in the dialogue box. What I have noticed that in the list of references that you see in the left hand side of the dialogue box is the incorrect reference just after it. Even though the correct one is highlighted and it appears in the box underneath, when I go to insert it the incorrect reference appears.   I can't understand why this has suddenly started happening. The only change I have made recently to my computer is installing WORD 2007. However, it was working fine to begin with and the Endnote menu bar appeared fine within WORD without me having to do anything.   Any help very much appreciated!