How to empty a smart group

Search email archive for

How to empty a smart group
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 04:09:01 -0700
Subject: How to empty a smart group

Author: arrowgold (Visitor)
Date: 04-17-2009 12:08 PM

I am working with Endnote X2 ? haven?t got the patch yet, so perhaps it addresses this problem.  I have new references in a smart group.  Once I?ve looked at them I add them to a custom group.  Fine so far, but I now want to empty the smart group so that next time I run an online search I only see the new references. If I do delete the references in the smart group they are removed from the custom group as well, and are put in the trash, so they are being removed from the library too. (I thought you could only delete references from the library in the ?All References? mode.) How can I empty a smart group without affecting the custom groups?