Re: complicated citation order in text

Search email archive for

Re: complicated citation order in text
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:22:37 -0700
Subject: Re: complicated citation order in text

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-15-2009 11:22 PM

You need to sort by Author+Year, or it won't happen.

Re: complicated citation order in text
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:02:11 -0700

Author: SHH (New User)
Date: 04-16-2009 12:02 AM

But if I sort it Author + Year, then this is what happens:   (Jones 2005, 2007; Kirk 2005; Smith 1999)

Re: complicated citation order in text
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:20:24 -0700

Author: Leanne (Guru)
Date: 04-16-2009 01:20 AM

Ah, yes.  Sorry.   this is the only workaround that I can come up with that will give you the output you are looking for.   Go back to the Year+author setting and then put your cursor to the formated references, right click and select edit citation, more (or chose and  Edit citation from the endnote menu) and hide both the author and the year for the Jones, 2007 reference and  add , 2007 to the second Jones reference in the suffix field.

Re: complicated citation order in text
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:36:26 -0700

Author: SHH (New User)
Date: 04-16-2009 06:36 PM

This works, but I was hoping for a universal fix. I guess I will have to go and edit each one of these troublesome citations individually. Thanks!