How to italicize text in captions?

Search email archive for

How to italicize text in captions?
Author: Community Mailer    Posted: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 08:34:54 -0700
Subject: How to italicize text in captions?

Author: lynn (Visitor)
Date: 04-26-2009 04:34 PM

Does anyone know how to italicize text in the captions of figures?   My figures are italicized correctly in their references, but when I insert them into my document and generate the figure list the captions automatically revert to plain text (no italics) and are in bold type. Can I fix this problem without having to edit the captions manually in the document each time I alter the figures?